Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finding Out We're "Mom & Dad"

Mom's Discovery: I was at home and Adrian was at work that Saturday afternoon. I was a few days late, which wasn't uncommon. I decided to take a pregnancy test anyways and the result was positive. I just stood their in the bathroom in disbelief for a moment then reality set in. I knew that I wanted to tell Adrian in a special way so I rushed to Rivergate Mall to find something Alabama related for a baby before he got home from work. I ended up finding the cutest Alabama booties for Adrian and rushed back home. On the way home from the mall Adrian called to say he was wrapping things up at work and heading home. He also told me some exciting news...his sister Stefanie was pregnant with her third child! (Imagine how badly I wanted to share the news of our own pregnancy with him at the moment. Talk about weird.) I of course played it off well and told him I would see him at home.

Surprising Dad: I ended up taking another pregnancy test when I got home just to make sure I wasn't going to get Adrian's hopes up for nothing. Positive result. When Adrian got home I told him that I had bought him a gift today. I handed him the Alabama booties and said, "These are for you." He looked confused and said, "Oh cool, are these for my sister?" I assured him that they were for him and then it hit him. He had a red face and a huge smile but still needed some convincing that we were pregnant. He asked if I had taken a pregnancy test and if he could see it. After he saw the two positive tests he was floored and overjoyed.

That night we went and bought two more pregnancy tests. (I know right, first time parents are crazy like that.) I took one more test that night and then another first thing the next morning. In sum, all four pregnancy tests confirmed.... WE'RE PREGNANT! We spent the night enjoying the secret between ourselves. We tossed around some baby name ideas and began including Baby Hood in our discussions regarding the future.  

January 19, 2013 - Baby Hood's first gift 
Alabama Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment