Today we celebrated Dane, our nephew's, 6th birthday! His parents put together a wonderful party at their house in Smiths Grove, Kentucky. Dane had a big day filled with gifts, games, and lots of laughs. When his party was coming to an end I told Dane that I had one more surprise for him. He asked what it was and I responded with, "it's in my belly." I proceeded to tell him that I was going to have a baby and that he would have a new baby cousin. He didn't believe me at first, but once Adrian confirmed he was pretty excited. I asked him if he thought it would be a boy and girl. Dane said that it is going to be a boy and we should name him Cody. He proceeded to tell everyone at the party that I was having a boy named Cody. We all got a good laugh out of that.
Today Adrian was looking at a dad's to be book he bought himself. In the book there is a section called "New Year's Panda." Apparently a father was upset that all the great sales seem to happen after Christmas. He decided to create the tradition of the New Year's Panda to deal with his frustrations and small budget. The father told his children that on New Year's Eve a stuffed panda comes to all the children's houses who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas and leaves the items. Too funny! Moral of the story was to create new traditions with your children/family. However, I don't think Adrian and I will be starting the New Year's Panda tradition with Baby Hood.
No comments:
Post a Comment